Sunday, September 28, 2008

New Job!

Today was one of those days that I asked God to take care of me, and he did! I've been pretty careful about what I say about my job - obviously, I say a lot about it here on my blog, but you shouldn't be able to Google my blog, and I'm only Facebook friends with one girl at work, and I think she would understand. On Friday though, I got a little careless. I was applying for a Web job when I decide to ask Scott to look over my cover letter I was writing. I copy and pasted it into an IM window and wondered why he wasn't responding when I realized that I sent it to my boss and not Scott!!! I started freaking out and honestly almost started packing my bags. My boss was not happy about it, but he was actually very gracious and forgiving about the situation. He even said that if I wanted to get another job within the company that he would support me. He said that, and it took everything I had not to ask why he held me back before, but I was in no position to bring up the past. I talked to another girl about what I could do, etc., and we left it at that we would both think about it and come back to the issue later.

This morning I got up and wanted to check the weather and my email before church. I was running incredibly late and couldn't be late because I had post cards that were going to be passed out after first service. I had an email from the Web job that caused the cover letter incident, and they wanted to know a little more about me. I started to reply, but realized that I had no time to be writing emails. So I ran to church and actually ended up on the bus with the girl I was meeting. After church, I was talking to people when I saw Lark Mason, who is on Antiques Roadshow and owns a company called iGavel, which does online antique auctions. Malissa Endsley emailed Lark my resume a couple of weeks ago, and Lark and I agreed to meet sometime, but he and his wife were leaving to go out of town. So when I saw him at church, I didn't even think about it, I just walked over and introduced myself. (I already knew his daughter so I knew what he looked like.) We started talking about the opening he had, he drug me over and introduced me to his wife. They invited me to their house to talk more about the job and my experience. I arrived around 3 p.m., and Erica (Lark's wife) told me about the company, what the position would be and asked me about what my interests were. It honestly sounded like a really great fit for my personality and the things I enjoy doing. Not long after that, they offered me the job! I'll be making a little bit more money than what I'm making now, BUT it's closer to my apartment, I get to wear jeans every day and I can bring Maggie to work! Words cannot even describe how happy I am! I've already written my resignation letter for IBG, and I start with iGavel on Tuesday, October 7. Thank you to everyone who has been praying about this.

5 comments:

Travis and Erin Bodeker said...

Yeah, Melody! I'm so happy for you. That other place was not for you...or for alot of people. I can't wait to hear about the new job.

Wendy said...

Yea! How exciting. What will you be doing in your new position?

Unknown said...

wow mel!!!! that is amazing!!!! congrats!

~Mrs. Guru~ said...

Yay I am so excited for you! It is amazing how God works at his own pace!!

hannah said...

Yeah!!!! So exciting!