Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Just Keep Swimming

I keep singing Dory's song today. I heard back from the guy at church, and we're going to set up a time to meet sometime relatively soon to talk about what I like to do, etc., so that if I'm not a fit for one of his jobs, he can pass my name on to one of his friends. At work we still haven't talked about the issue from Monday. I'm sure it will come up eventually, but I also wouldn't be surprised if it didn't. The girl who emailed me is now being super nice to me. It's odd. Maybe they are still going to fire me, and she's just trying to throw me off the scent. The partner from D.C. came into the office today and said that the breakroom looked the best it has in a long time. The breakroom is my responsibility, and I rearranged it, organized the supplies and put baskets in to organize the snacks. I'm not gonna lie or try to be modest, it looks good! They want me to clean out a storage room next, but I'm not so sure about that. It's going to be a LOT of work, and I don't know what anything is or where it goes. And honestly I'm worried that if I clean it out, it could result in a sinus infection. Nerdy I know, but it's always something I have to worry about until my immune system builds back up. Stupid West Texas allergies.

I'm still working on my cover letter for the potential jobs at the UN. It is just such a hard time to be looking for a job. So if you're looking for one too, I'm sorry!

Last night I went to a planning meeting for a program the church is going to do called Alpha. You invite people that you know aren't Christians to attend a course about Christianity. You eat dinner, watch a video (I think - you might read a book instead...maybe I should have paid better attention!) and then have a discussion afterwards. We watched the planning video last night, and listening to the founder of the program tell some of his stories made me excited about the potential this radical program can have. It doesn't sound radical, but when you hear some of the stories, it definitely is radical. I got to meet a few people from the church that I hadn't met yet, and I got to know some of the ones I have met a little better. It was good, and I think the program will be good for me.

1 comment:

~Mrs. Guru~ said...

sounds like you had a good night at church! I will keep praying for you and the job!!