I wasn't sure it would happen, but I bought a plane ticket today to go home for Christmas. I actually leave Dec. 18 and come back the 25th. I know it sounds weird to go home for Christmas and not actually be there Christmas Day, but that's how my family is. And I'll be home for my birthday, so that counts for something, right? By going home before Christmas and coming back Christmas Day, my ticket was only $215 with taxes. I was pretty excited about that because I thought it was going to be more like $400. And by the way, that will be my birthday/Christmas present from my dad and Pam. Woo hoo. So I actually only end up paying $15. Not bad at all. If there's anyone out there who has the week off between Christmas and New Year's and wanted to come visit (Ahem...Kimberly), that would probably be a good time to come! No pressure though, I know plane ticket prices are ridiculous these days.
This week at work has been horrible. Sorry to complain about my job a lot, but it's really, really bad! This week everyone except for five of us is gone to a conference. That means I'm stuck here with four boys, which means they play Smash Brothers ALL DAY (literally) while I sit in the reception area by myself. It sucks mainly because my boss yelled at me yesterday for doing my job while he was playing Wii. I was on the line with someone and didn't pick up the other line (for multiple reasons) that was ringing, and he yelled at me because I didn't put the person on hold and pick up the other line. It really set me off, and in fact, I'm still pissed about it today. The boys all know I'm in a bad mood, but I'm not apologizing for it or going to pretend like I'm not pissed. They're all playing while I'm (mostly) working. I have been taking advantage of the fact that my boss isn't checking on me every five minutes. And if he gets mad later that I haven't done that much today, I'll just shrug my shoulders and see if he fires me. Getting fired is still sort of my goal these days. Haha.
I had a couple of interviews this week, but I withdrew my name from one of the jobs because it would still pay me the same amount as I'm making here, and I decided that I could end up trading one job's drama for another so I might as well just stay put unless it's a step up like more money or a job in my field. I applied for some jobs today, and I'm hoping something pans out from there...obviously. We'll see what happens.
1 comment:
I really do want to come to NY and I promise I will! But I think I am going to California for xmas break. But spring break is after that and summer of course!!!!
Post a Comment