After all, we brought nothing with us when we came into the world, and we can’t take anything with us when we leave it. - I Timothy 6:7
Saturday, September 13, 2008
First NYC Cold
The other morning I woke up, and I felt awful. I went to work thinking that I would eventually feel better. A girl at work gave me Airborne, Emergen-C and another vitamin C supplement to try and keep the cold away, but it didn't work. Yesterday morning I woke up feeling worse. It did get me out of something temporarily at work. So last night I stayed in and watched TV. I went to the $.99 Store across the street to get some Nyquil, and I walked in and the guy goes "whoa, you look tired." Thanks. Like I didn't already know that I looked as bad as I felt. This morning I woke up and needed to take some clothes to a drop off center near my house. They've been rotating throughout the city, and I have literally been waiting to drop these clothes off since I moved into my apartment, so there was no way I was going to miss it. I didn't get up until around 1:30 (one of the weird things since I've moved - I no longer get up around 9 or 10 on Saturdays, it's always after 1 p.m.), and I check my postcard to see when the latest I could drop off was...it was 2 p.m. So I had half an hour to let Maggie out, put new clothes on and take these clothes to Columbia. I didn't want to walk since I'm still not feeling great, so I walked up to a bus stop and waited for the bus. I got up to 116th and just needed to take another bus to the cross streets. Right as I was getting off my first bus, the second bus I thought I needed was sitting waiting for me. So I got on and started riding. I thought about getting off at one stop and walking the rest of the way, but I thought nah, I'll just keep riding. And I did...all the way back to my apartment! I'm not sure how it happened, but the M116, which you would think would run all along 116th St. took me back almost to the exact location I started from. So now it was 1:55 p.m. , and I was at the beginning again. I decided to just walk and see if I could catch them anyway. I was tired of having the extra space wasted in my apartment. It's not like I have a lot of space to waste. I did make it along with a few other stragglers. On the way back I casually walked through a street market on Broadway, and I noticed a DVD store going out of business. I popped in for a minute and found a DVD I've been looking for for years. So ladies and gentlemen, please take the U2 Elevation Tour DVD off your shopping lists for me. I own it. I'm watching it now dreaming about the next U2 album due in early 2009. January can't come soon enough.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
oh no, hope you are feeling better! no cold, esp. the 1st cold of the fall!
Hope you feel better soon!!
hope you are feeling better mel!
Post a Comment