Fantasize - verb - to conceive fanciful or extravagant notions, ideas, suppositions, or the like (often fol. by about): to fantasize about the ideal job. I swear to you I didn't add the last part of that definition, it's straight from dictionary.com. Look it up yourself. Just when I think maybe my job will get better, my dreams are crushed. Yesterday ended better than I expected. My boss and I talked about organizing the storage room together today. This morning he didn't show up until noon. While he wasn't here working, he was emailing me telling me what to do. In the meantime, I had my own stuff to get done. I am not a child, and I do not need someone telling me how to spend every minute of my day at work. I've been fairly busy this morning. I've done some job hunting, but honestly not a lot. I took a ten-minute lunch to go get Subway and come back. My head's been hurting, so I told my boss that I was going to lay down in the Project/Nap room for 10 minutes. By the way, to tell my boss this I had to go into the break room because he was of course playing Wii. Why wouldn't you be playing Wii after you were already three hours late??? So I tell him I'm taking a break, and he turns around and says "just make sure you answer the phones." I'M TAKING A NAP - I AM NOT GOING TO BE ANSWERING THE PHONES! I gave him the biggest "No way, not gonna happen, I can't believe you even just said that" look, and he said "oh um nevermind." I said, "you realize I took a ten-minute lunch, right?" And he said "oh yeah, I just remembered that just now."
So here's my fantasy. My boss does something else ridiculous (as he does daily) to make me mad. I pack up my things quietly, delete all things in my email (they go through everyone's emails when they leave) so they can't find anything they need later just to be rude, and I leave a post-it note on my desk that says "I quit." That's it. That's all I do. I'll let you know if it happens before I get another job!
1 comment:
We have an understanding in our house that if the other hates there job and we can live until one got a job then by all means quit! Oh, I probably would have been fired by the way. I would have told him what I thought!
Post a Comment