I'm not really sure what's going on, but ever since I moved into this apartment I have not slept well. At first it was the mattress pad on the futon that didn't really fit the frame. Now the mattress pad is on the floor. Then I didn't position the fan correctly so I would wake up really hot. The fan is in a new place. Now I'm just having trouble falling asleep. Usually I solve this problem by taking tylenol p.m., but I'm trying not to start a habit. Last week I was convinced that I couldn't fall asleep because I was on the computer too close to bed time. So I started reading as soon as I got off the computer until I got tired. Well it's 2:20 a.m., I already read for an hour or so then tried to go to sleep, and here I am not sleeping.
I found a wart on Maggie's leg today. Warts are extremely disgusting looking on dogs. I was scared that she had some sort of New York tick so I am glad it's a wart and not a tick, but I do still wish it didn't look quite as gross. And now it's kind of like a car wreck where I can't stop looking at it even though it grosses me out entirely. I did get yelled at earlier tonight on the street. I went to the store to get some cereal, and I was walking to a corner, got to the corner as a lady passed behind me perpendicularly (can you believe that's a word?) and yelled "EXCUSE YOU." I'm pretty sure it was directed at me. It hurt my ears. But I'm positive that I couldn't have possibly been in her way. There was another guy walking in the same direction as the lady, and I'm thinking maybe he could have gotten too close or something but I really felt like she was yelling at me. I don't know...I'm just saying it was loud and it hurt my ears and my feelings. Haha.
I mailed Brent, Livvy and Zane postcards last week. Brent loves the Home Alone movies, so he got a postcard with the Plaza Hotel on the front where Kevin stayed in Home Alone 2 or someone stayed there - I don't really remember. Livvy got a postcard with Bethesda Fountain which is the fountain in the movie Enchanted where the big song and dance number for That's How You Know was. Now the problem is that when Livvy comes to visit she wants me to take her to see it. Thankfully I've got more than a few months to find it.
Someone commented today that of course I love New York right now because I'm unemployed with money getting to spend my days however I want. Hmmm, I currently don't really have anyone I'd call a "friend" here, money's going out and not coming in which puts me a little on edge and I spend my days looking for a job...so I'd say it should be more like "really, you love New York, and you're glad you moved?" One day people I will not have to listen to silly comments like that anymore. One day...
And yes, I know it's called insomnia...
2 comments:
"I was scared that she had some sort of New York tick"
...
BAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!
Hey the squirrels are different colors here why can't the ticks be??? And you're the one who didn't know what a tick looked like attached to a dog anyway....
Post a Comment