Saturday, August 02, 2008

Friday Night

Today was a pretty good day. I met Amber for shopping around 3 p.m. at Forever 21. We talked a lot and shopped a little as we got to know each other. Of course we needed a Starbucks break after Forever 21, and we got it to go so we could sit at Union Square and listen to a band. They were hilarious and pretty good. At one point a park worker came and talked to them like he was going to make them disband (haha) when the crowd started booing the employee. The park employee got mad that the crowd booed him so then he made the crowd break up. But I'm not really sure what happened after that because the crowd just spread out and the band kept playing. A girl named Whitney from church joined up with us after that, and we had dinner at Chat and Chew which is a cute little restaurant near Union Square. After that they were headed to a birthday party in Queens, and I headed to Petco to Maggie a new carrier. I convinced the guy to give me a 20% discount on the carrier, but that means that I can't return it, so of course Maggie does not fit in the carrier. Such is life. So the carrier is now posted on Craig's List. I love Craig.

I saw my first crazy person since Shelley and Wes left. He was literally leaping in the street between cars. The guy would wait for the traffic light to turn and then start leaping into the oncoming traffic while yelling something that sounded almost like obscenities but not quite. It was almost like he had Tourettes but with leaping. I was really afraid that I was going to see him get hit by a car, so I kept trying to look the other way, but at the same time I kept checking to make sure he was still there when I couldn't hear him yelling. He was leaping down the street in my directions for about three avenues and then all of the sudden he was just gone...but I don't think he got hit by a car!

No comments: