Tuesday, August 26, 2008

My First Day

My first day went really well. I learned a lot of stuff, and I think I retained it! We'll see after I sleep if I remember as much. Almost everyone is really nice...haha I say almost because there's one girl that I'm not sure that I like. I'm going to get really spoiled working there though because there's tons of snacks, and I'm in charge of the snacks and I have a huge budget for them! They're also probably going to buy me a new computer because mine's kind of slow. It's really not that bad, but hey, I won't turn down a new computer. I get a discounted metro card through them, health insurance will come soon and I have to wear a badge to get in the building and a card to get in the office. It makes me feel very high tech and important even though I am the low man on the totem pole. The thing I am most worried about is the storage room. My supervisor asked me to try and organize it pretty soon, but it's a room about the size of my apartment and you can't walk through it because people just dumped stuff in there. So there's tons of boxes everywhere. One of the partners also called me today and asked/told me that I would be helping him and his assistant with setting up conference calls with potential clients. As I was walking home from the subway I had one of those life moments where you think "is this really my life?" I listened to Coldplay's new album on the way home, and as I was walking out of the subway station Viva La Vida came on. I came out into the crisp, cool air and was walking along the street after a great first day of work. The sun was setting and Central Park was on my right with all these beautiful buildings on my left. And I thought "This is awesome. Thanks God!"

1 comment:

Rachael said...

I love the picture that came to mind as you described walking out of a building into the crisp breeze...sounds amazing!