Tuesday, August 12, 2008

IKEA

Yesterday I did not make it to IKEA, but that ended up being ok because it gave me something to do today. I got a tape measure at Home Depot yesterday so that I could go to IKEA prepared. I know IKEA has tape measures there, but I'm also going to need one at my apartment to figure out if I can actually fit anything in there. Seriously this store is amazing. It's just one incredible thing after another, and I want to buy everything there. I'm hoping to buy a chair that rolls out into a bed so that I have something to sit on during the day and somewhere for visitors to sleep. The one I want is actually the henan orange. If all goes well then when I get up in the morning, I can fold my Murphy bed into the wall and roll my chair out of the way. Then at night I can roll my chair out of the way again and pull the murphy bed down. On Friday I will know if my plan will work. I have to wait until then to get the keys for my apartment and can measure before I go buy. I also picked out a quilt cover to match the orange chair that I'm hoping might fit over the comforter I already have that has a tear in it.

Now here's my dilemma. I found a great mattress at Sears for an amazing price, and they will deliver it to my apartment...but they won't deliver it until Saturday which means that unless they actually show up to deliver the mattress between 8-noon then I'm screwed because I have to go to Brooklyn to meet the movers. I can buy a mattress from IKEA for around the same price, but it won't be as nice of a mattress. If I buy it from IKEA I have to buy it on Friday and pay $35 to have it delivered to my storage unit so that on Saturday the movers can move it from Brooklyn to the city. And there's a possibility that if I buy the one from Sears that it may not fit in the Murphy bed because it's a pillow top. Oh the joys of moving. I'm going to the actual Sears store tomorrow to see if there's any chance I could get the mattress delivered on Friday so then I can sleep at my apartment on Friday and not have to worry about the time conflict. By the way, all of this would be a lot easier if I actually had a friend here to help me, but I don't have any friends, therefore I have to figure it all out using public transportation, cabs, movers and delivery services.

Maggie has started crying every time I leave the apartment now. What's worse is that I know exactly what she wants because it's blatantly obvious. She starts crying when she sees me gathering my things and then runs over to her leash and looks up at it, looks at me and cries. It makes me feel like crap. I tried to compensate by taking her on a walk tonight. I'm not sure if that's going to make it better or worse. I keep telling myself that in less than a week she'll be going on three walks a day so I really shouldn't feel bad.

No comments: