Monday, August 04, 2008

Movie Night Number 2

Two things made me sad about this week's movie night. One, there was no guy that jumped up and yelled "come on New York." Two, it was darker this week so the video I took is not so great, but I think you can tell. I will attempt again next week. I haven't done a whole lot the last couple of days. I think I might have caught a virus, but I'm feeling better now so I don't know. I applied to work at the Gap in Chelsea on Sunday. I think I will be a little discouraged if even they won't call me in for an interview! I met up with Malissa today (my friend from the Bronx). She's temping at the UN, and I felt so bad earlier that I took a cab so I didn't have to walk. I was a little afraid that I would pass out or something on the stairs of the subway and then you'd see me on the 6 o'clock news. We went to a place that now I can't remember the name...maybe something about milkshakes??? It was neat to see the UN and that area of town. It's actually a part of town that I had not been to yet. I want to go back and actually go inside the building, but after lunch today I was feeling like I really needed a nap. Tomorrow night the Manhattan church is going to the free classical concert in Central Park, and I want to go, but I'm not sure how to find them! I'm thinking I might call the church in the morning and ask. I figure a good outing with the church group will be a good way to get to know more people. On a totally random note, my cousin Hunter just finished filming a movie with Brad Pitt and Sean Penn. How crazy is that??? I didn't even know it was going on until my cousin mentioned it in an email. They came to his school to do auditions, and he went through like seven call backs before they gave him the part. He plays Brad Pitt's son. Seriously...how did I not know about this while they were filming??????? Oh well, maybe I'll get invited to the premier. Yeah right. It's called the Tree of Life and will be out in the fall of next year or spring of 2010. Ok no more stalling...here's what you really want to see, the dancing at Bryant Park.

1 comment:

Travis and Erin Bodeker said...

I'm glad you are having wonderful adventures in NY! I've been without internest for a few days so it was fun catching up on your blog.