After all, we brought nothing with us when we came into the world, and we can’t take anything with us when we leave it. - I Timothy 6:7
Friday, August 15, 2008
Moving Day!!!
I get to move into my apartment tomorrow, and I absolutely, positively cannot wait. I'm like a little kid on Christmas Eve waiting for Santa to come. I was originally going to have the movers come on Saturday, but then I found out I can start moving into my apartment tomorrow afternoon. I called the movers and moved them to tomorrow and headed for IKEA. I found my mattress and chair really fast and ordered my home delivery. So I meet the movers in Brooklyn between 1-3 p.m. tomorrow and then the IKEA stuff gets delivered between 6-10 p.m. tomorrow night so that I have a mattress to sleep on. I have packed up my stuff, and now I am trying to figure out how I can get it all to my new apartment in less than two subway trips. It'll be a big job! I'm thinking maybe I'll take some of it back out to my storage unit and let the movers move it. Then maybe I can get the rest and Maggie in one trip in a taxi or car service. It will definitely be an adventure. Have I mentioned I need a job??? I have been looking and looking and looking to no avail. I've only been looking for a couple of weeks now, but it feels like an eternity especially after all the money I spent today on home stuff. With the help of Adriane I made it to the Brooklyn Target after IKEA. It was like going home. I needed cheap hangers, and Target had cheap hangers that hang on each other so it helps you fit more in a closet, which I need all the help I can get in that arena. It was nice to see reasonably priced stuff again like cereal for $3. I bought a giant box of Cinnamon Toast Crunch for good measure.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Glad you made it! And...happy moving day!
How is the new apartment?! Post pictures for us!
I hear ya on the needing a job.
Post a Comment