Saturday, August 30, 2008

Barely Made It

I feel like I barely made it through the week. It went by really fast. I feel like I'm getting the hang of things at work, but what sucks is one of the partners is extremely demanding. The one in NY has only asked me to do like two things which included entering two things into a database. The other who is in D.C. asks me to do like 10 things a day which all involve some sort of ridiculousness. Every Friday I'm in charge of picking a place for us to eat lunch and then ordering lunch for the entire office. Sounds simple, right? Well, I picked a place (even though I'm clueless on NYC restaurants!), got everyone's order and faxed the order to the restaurant. I called the restaurant to confirm that they received it, and they did and then the lady told me that they were out of almost everything we ordered. How is a restaurant out of almost all the food they serve? So I had to get all new orders from everyone and reorder, which took half an hour just on the phone with the restaurant. Then I had one of the guys emailing me asking me when lunch was going to come. I admit, it was late, but I was starving too. And we have a huge break room with TONS of snacks. EAT A FREAKING SNACK. By the time lunch came, it was almost 2 p.m. I passed out lunch to everyone, and the guy who asked me when lunch was going to come sends me an email to tell me his order is wrong and that I need to call and get him a new sandwich. How nice of him...so I call get him a new sandwich and of course what do I do? Order his sandwich wrong! So in case he wasn't grumpy enough already I had tell him that they had already sent the replacement sandwich by the time I realized it. His new food comes, I take it to him and he says "uh, yeah, can you just put it in the fridge for me?" I'm not sure how I turned into the office maid, but I did. Next week I'm ordering lunch on Thursday.

1 comment:

Travis and Erin Bodeker said...

LOL--I love the eat a freaking snack comment. I my word--that guy needs to man up.