After all, we brought nothing with us when we came into the world, and we can’t take anything with us when we leave it. - I Timothy 6:7
Monday, August 18, 2008
Almost There!
I think I might have pictures to post tomorrow, but sadly I'm still unpacking. The problem is that I keep having to take shopping breaks to go buy storage stuff which eats up hours of my time. It's getting really close though. Random side note - there's a guy taking a picture of a mom and her daughter outside their hotel which is directly beside the Starbucks I'm sitting at, and I think I'm in their picture. I should have held up my drink and smiled. Haha. I had my second job interview today with a law firm in midtown. It went ok, not great but not horrible. I still haven't heard anything from the other place I interviewed with so the job hunt continues. Nothing too interesting has happened in the last few days. I went to church on Sunday and found out where the small group for my age is meeting so I'm excited to finally go. I'm sad because I missed the last movie at Bryant Park tonight. I was so tired though and really need to finish my apartment. There are movies in Central Park all this week, so I might try to check out one of those. Today I used my neighborhood hardware store to have them cut down my TV stand so it would fit in a better place. I took Maggie with me so that was her first official errand where she got to go inside the store. It's so weird just walking in with your dog. The owner had a cat there which stalked us the entire time meeting us around corners and staring Maggie down. Other than that I've just been watching TV and putting stuff away. When I moved we had to take the stand off my TV so it would fit in the mirror box. I paid attention when Scott took it apart and actually remembered how to put it back together but second guessed myself. I was hungry and EXHAUSTED and the TV stand was the final catastrophe in a series of minor events that led me to sobbing. I called Scott to ask him how to do it, and he couldn't understand me because I was crying so hard. After talking to him for a few minutes I realized that I had it right to begin with. The last few days has just reiterated to me that I never want to move again. So my dad is right, I'm moving up here and never leaving. He'll be so happy to hear that...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
so exciting!!!! please post pics soon!
Post a Comment