Monday, August 11, 2008

Internetless

The last couple of days I have been without internet, and it was rough! I hate to admit that I am so dependent on it, but I am. Not a whole lot has been going on the last couple of days. I met up with Tiffany on Saturday to see Step Brothers, and then we went walking around the city/shopping. It was good to have some human contact! I bought a book of short stories about the subway. It's really fun to read, and I was really glad I had it yesterday when I was without internet. Yesterday I was supposed to go to church, but I was restless all night and did not feel like getting up and being social. I went to a grocery store other than Whole Foods yesterday to find out that cereal there is on average $6.99 a box! Here's what's ridiculous about that though. Cereal is $6.99/box, but organic milk is $2.25 a half gallon. Now how does that make any sense? So I buy my milk from Whole Foods, ramen, bread, peanut butter, gold fish from Gristede's and cereal from Rite Aid. Rite Aid always has some 2 for $5 special going on. It's a good thing I'm not picky about what kind of cereal I eat. Oh, and the whole time I've been in Chelsea I've been looking for a dust pan which really shouldn't be that hard to find. I finally found one yesterday, and it was $8.99! Unfortunately I had to buy it because I need to sweep the floor so bad here. Today I'm going to look at a mattress, get a tape measure from Home Depot, try to go to IKEA in Brooklyn and if I make it in time, the movie in Bryant Park. This is a lofty goal so we will see what all I get accomplished!

No comments: