After all, we brought nothing with us when we came into the world, and we can’t take anything with us when we leave it. - I Timothy 6:7
Monday, August 25, 2008
The Job Hunt Is Over
That's right, I have a job! I'm going to be an administrative assistant for the International Biometrics Group. They do research and consultation about products like the thing that scans your thumb so you can get access to something. So they're in a crunch time right now for a conference they have coming up so they asked me to start immediately. I report to work at 9 a.m. tomorrow. I'm a happy girl to be employed and not have to start until 9 a.m. As a celebratory gift to myself I bought an air conditioner. I could not take it anymore. Last night I was tossing and turning and just so hot. So today I got an AC. It took three people to install it! The head super came in and said "this can't go there, why didn't you ask me?" How was I supposed to know that I needed to ask him if my window unit could go where everyone else has their unit. It turns out the unit is fine, he just didn't realize it. I feel really bad because now I think that they've ended up staying late just for my air conditioner. Oh well, at least I'll be sleeping peacefully tonight!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
Congrats! That's great that you got a job and an AC!
Yay!!! I am so excited for you!
Congrats, how exciting!
Congrats on the job! Now you can start shopping at Saks 5th Ave :)
Post a Comment