Wednesday, October 08, 2008

Second Job

My new job is going well so far. Yesterday was very hectic for many reasons. They needed a brochure done immediately, so I spent a lot of time trying to find images, remembering how to use Photoshop and asking friends for help! On top of that we were having lunch for the two co-owners who happen to have the same birthday. There was some miscommunication, and so we didn't end up having lunch until 3:30 p.m. I was starving by the time the food came. I'm proud of myself though because I ate lamb without gagging. I'm beginning to really like Indian food, especially this mango drink we had. I sit at the top of the stairs that lead to the offices, and the offices are all open and have multiple desks in a room. My desk is in a more private area which is funny because I'm not in an actual office. I'm sort of like a reception desk, but I don't really greet people. It's hard to explain. Lucy, the owner's dog, runs around staring at all of us while we eat and begging for attention. I'm going to try and bring Maggie on Friday when I think Lucy won't be here. That way I can see how Maggie does in the office without an added distraction of another dog. Then we can see how she does with Lucy. I'm sure she'll be fine, but I just have no idea if she'll walk around or just lay by my desk the entire time or what. I still have to find a bag to fit her in! Last night we had the first Alpha meeting. There weren't very many people there, and almost everyone who was there was already a Christian. But I'm still curious to see where God leads us.

1 comment:

~Mrs. Guru~ said...

yay for your new job and your so lucky that you get to take your dog to work!