I've been thinking today that I want to move. It's actually not the size of my apartment. Don't get me wrong, I don't LOVE living in a tiny space, but it actually hasn't been too bad so far. My biggest problem is that without the noise of my air conditioner, I'm waking up all the time to outside noises. This was fairly normal in Abilene, but I'm a much heavier sleeper here, and these noises are loud! There's my neighbor who gets up at 5:30 a.m. sometimes and blares his music. Then there's the people who come home late at night and slam their screen doors. I don't know how I can describe how loud this actually is, but it's a big WHAP that echos off the walls and is surprisingly loud. So last night I woke up at 12:30 a.m., 1 a.m. and then 2 a.m. This does not make me a happy person during the day. So I'm thinking if I can stay in my building, but move upstairs to another apartment that it might be better noise wise. I have no idea how much other apartments are, etc., so this might be a pipe dream.
Work has still been busy but good. We've been working on a mailing for the last week, and I'm really ready to be done with it, but I cannot see the light at the end of the tunnel yet. I have a lot to learn about antiques and just the business itself, but that all will have to wait until this major sale is over. Shelley called me the other day while she was waiting for Brent's class to finish, and Zane was with her. He kept trying to go into the street, and Shelley kept telling him no, and he would ignore her. Well Zane loves Maggie an abnormal amount, so after a while I told her to tell him that Maggie said no. So Zane started to wander into the street, and Shelley said "Zane, Maggie said no don't go in the street." She started laughing and said "yep, that did it." I can't wait until Zane's grown up, and we can tell him how we used to get him to obey using a dog.
By the way if you ever think my Facebook status is weird, ask me and I'll explain. It's something I can't say publicly, but just now that there's a story behind a weird, long status message.
1 comment:
I hate loud neighbors!
Post a Comment