I have to admit the last couple of weeks have been hard. My enemy loneliness has been creeping back in. I think that's just something that will be an issue for a while, but I try to nip it in the bud when it comes up (what a weird expression). October is always hard for me because today would be my mom's 61st birthday, and next Friday is the 15th anniversary of my brother's death. It doesn't seem possible for it to have been 15 years ago. What's still strange to me is when I look at pictures of Brent, he still looks older to me even though I'm now 10 years older than he was when he died. And Jessica, I still think of that card you made me when he died when you said you were still saving my lunch spot! My whole fifth grade class made me cards and had them delivered to me. It was really sweet of my teacher, and I kept them all. Of course they're in storage right now. It's also crazy to me that my mom would have been 61 now. I don't feel old enough to have parents who are in their 60s.
Maggie is with me at work today. She and the Masons' dog Lucy are here together for the first time. Everyone had been excited to see them meet for the first time, and it was hilariously uneventful. Maggie and Lucy just seems to be ignoring each other. I guess they think it's best to just pretend the other doesn't exist than to try and determine who's top dog. Ok I was taking a quick lunch break, but I need to get back to labeling brochures. It has been crazy busy at work, but it should be slowing down soon.
No comments:
Post a Comment