Monday, July 28, 2008

Things I love so far about NYC...

  1. There's an air conditioner at the Grand Central Station subway waiting for the 4,5,6 trains...it's now my favorite station.
  2. I met someone on the subway today who after five minutes asked me to email me her resume...so I did and now we're going to try to hang out sometime. Instant friends.
  3. I'm pretty sure I've lost like five pounds already. I put my clothes on for church yesterday, and they were all too big.
  4. I just got a high quality bath rug for $3 at Century 21.
  5. I'm going to see The Apartment for free tonight at Bryant Park.
  6. I got a giant bagel yesterday on my way to church, and it was like a little bit of bagel with a lot of cream cheese.
  7. After seeing Sunday at church yesterday morning, I ran into him in Chelsea last night on his way to another church...oh how do you run into someone you know twice in one day in New York in two completely different parts of the city?
  8. The GMA Concerts at Bryant Park are also free. Too bad I already missed Feist, Maroon 5, Counting Crows and Usher. Still left are the cast of Rent and the Jonas Brothers...I think I'll be avoiding the swarm of 13-year-old girls for the Jonas Brothers.
  9. The girl I'm subletting her apartment from is not only paying for my utilities while I'm here but also having an air conditioner delivered tomorrow. I will be in heaven...
I just took Maggie to her first dog park, and she hated it! Maggie loves order and control so I'm thinking she just didn't understand why all of these dogs were just running around and jumping in the doggie pool. She sat on the bench beside me looking at me the whole time like "when can we leave???" I'm going to try again and see if she'll get into it, but so far, she's not a fan.

2 comments:

~Mrs. Guru~ said...

I want to visit Century 21 when we come to New York in the fall! It sounds like a great place to find great deals!!

Kimberly said...

Did I mention I am jealous of your life??? What am I doing right now...working in Abilene...lame!!!!