The last couple of days have definitely been better. I stayed with my friend Tiffany Thursday night and last night in Brooklyn. We went and looked at a place in Chelsea for me to sublet, and it was perfect (other than the smoke smell - nothing a little febreeze can't fix!). So starting today I am living in a studio in Chelsea, and for those of you who don't know Chelsea is a pretty expensive place to live, so who knows how I ended up without paying very much! I'm getting better with the subway. I've learned some important tricks like the fact that express trains stop at stations that have an open circle on the map, and local trains stop at stations with a closed circle on the map. I can get a private car to drive me from where I'm staying in Brooklyn to Chelsea for $18 which is definitely worth it considering I'd have to carry not only my luggage through the subway but also Maggie in her carrier. I'll be visiting a pet store very soon to try and find a smaller carrier that Maggie fits in. I saw a lady the other day in a Rite Aid that had a dog carrier that rolled around like a suitcase. It had a mesh cover for the dog to breathe, and the lady had it zipped open so the dog's head was poking out. There are dogs everywhere here! What's so funny too is that when you have a dog everyone stops to pet them and ask you about them. I have not been able to walk Maggie once without talking to at least one stranger about her. This is a great place for dogs.
I have started my job search. I applied for a bunch of jobs at NYU, ABC, the Capital Group, and I even applied to be an NBC Page. I looked for any openings with Starbucks and Bank of America, but I didn't find any entry level ones like tellers or baristas. So the search continues. Things are going pretty well all in all. I am anxious to get a job not only for the cash flow but also to meet some people and hopefully start having a good group of friends. Oh, and hopefully I'll be attending church in the morning!
And these are a little late, but here are some pictures from the road...
All of us packed into the car, I fit into the bucket seat on the other side of Zane. And yes, that is luggage piled up as high as we are.

So about two hours into the trip the DVD player fell out of the ceiling.

This is the suburban the night before we left. I packed it full!

This is the top of the car, but it's kind of hard to see.

So Brent was not in a great mood when I left them in St. Louis.
No comments:
Post a Comment