Sunday, July 27, 2008

Life in Chelsea

First of all let me say that I do not know how people who don't go to church move. I was starting to feel pretty low like I would never have friends again, and then I went to church this morning, and I feel amazingly better about life. Right off the bat I saw two people that I already knew from ACU - Sunday Ibok and Ryan Feerer. So then I got to meet Ryan's wife Cassie, and their friends Katie and Chris. Then immediately after church a girl introduced herself to me and her friends and a girl named Whitney that works at a PR agency. Whitney gave me her email address and told me to email her my resume and she would try to get me a job. See what I mean? People at church are always so nice and helpful, and I really don't know what I would have done to meet people if I didn't go to church...haha except maybe get a job!

So yesterday there was some excitement in the neighborhood. I was on my way to Century 21 which is a huge discount department store down by the World Trade Center. As I'm walking to the subway though I notice that there are paparazzi outside of the Rite Aid at the corner of my street and 9th Avenue. So I decide to let my curiosity get the better of me and stop in, after all I was needing to know how much a broom would cost so that I could pick one up on my way home from Century 21 (I'm pretty sure the girl I'm subletting from has never swept her floor). I look around and see a lady with a baby, but no celebrity that I recognize. I try to walk around for a few minutes so that it doesn't look like I came in only to see the celebrity (even though that was the truth), and finally the clerk at the front says that it's Ethan Hawke's wife and new baby. Ah ha - that was the woman with the baby. So there it is, my first celebrity sighting, Ethan Hawke's new wife and baby. Ryan and Clementine.

It's really bizarre at how comfortable I'm feeling already in the city. After my train fiasco the other night I've gotten much better with the subway. Today I took the bus for the first time and learned how they work thanks to Katie and Chris that I met at church. I've been to Whole Foods a couple of times to pick up things I need. It's been storming all afternoon so Maggie and I have been lazing around not doing anything at all. Last night the power cord for my laptop went out so I had to go to Best Buy and get a new one, while I was already dropping $70 bucks I decided to get Season 2 of Friends so that I had something to watch in my TV-less apartment.

No comments: