Shelley and Wes left today, and I did pretty well for a while after they left. I went and got some pizza, got dressed and took a train into Manhattan to go to church. I looked up church times and how to get there on the subway, and I actually had a pretty easy ride up there. When I got to the church though, the building was locked up and there was no one there. So I'm thinking maybe they don't have services during the summer on Wednesday nights. Then I walked around the Upper East Side for a while just to try and see the area some. When I went down to take the subway home I went into the wrong entrance and was on the uptown track instead of the downtown track. It took me a while to figure out how to get to the other side, but I finally did and started heading back to my B&B in Brooklyn. Well somewhere along the way I needed to switch trains and didn't realize it until it said that the Brooklyn Bridge was the final stop for the train I was on. So then I had to try and find a train that would connect me to a train that ran by the B&B. So I did, and then missed the stop because I wasn't positive it was the stop because it had two names on the map, but the station only had one of the names on the station sign. So I had to get on another train going back up the other direction, go to the right stop and then switch to the train that ran by my B&B. By this point I was a little discouraged having not been able to go to church and then been on the subway for almost two hours instead of 45 minutes. I got back to my B&B and finally cried...for a long time. I stopped just in time for the storm to start. When I walked out of the subway I thought that it might be lightning, but it was crazy like constant lightning so I thought maybe it was just really cloudy and there was a police car or something and the light was reflecting off the buildings and off the clouds, but apparently it was just lightning! So once I stopped crying it started pouring down rain, lightning and thundering nonstop. Poor Maggie was freaking out panting and shaking.
We're now snuggled up on the couch watching How to Lose a Guy in 10 Days and looking for a temporary place to live between now and August 15.
3 comments:
I'm watching How to lose a Guy right now too! I'm sorry it is so confusing and different. Just think how great it will be when you have it all down and know your way around New York. So cool. I am glad you have Maggie to keep you company! I will be praying for you to find a place and learn your way around in record time!
I watched it too!!! Crazy. Sorry you had a bad night. It'll get better...for sure.
I know how you feel about riding the train. I just started riding the DART to work this week. It's an adventure!!!
Post a Comment