After all, we brought nothing with us when we came into the world, and we can’t take anything with us when we leave it. - I Timothy 6:7
Tuesday, July 29, 2008
Bryant Park
First I have to apologize for the overblogging! But right now this is the only place that I can keep track of what happens so I don't forget later. Bryant Park is awesome. I knew this when I came to visit, but now that I'm living here it's even more evident. Every Monday night during the summer they show movies on the lawn. The lawn opens at 5 p.m. so that you can get a good spot on the lawn, but the movie doesn't start until 8:45ish. I didn't get there last night until 7 p.m. because I didn't want to sit by myself for so long. I figured it'd be crowded, but I had no idea it would be as packed as it was. There were so many people there. I grabbed some food from Cosi (my favorite place to eat in NYC) and then went back over to the park and found an empty chair pretty close to the front. The movie last night was The Apartment, and it was really good. I couldn't believe though some of the drama that was in there. I thought older movies were supposed to be sweet and innocent! My favorite part of the night though was when the movie began. They ran a really old HBO intro, and a guy on the lawn jumped up and said "Come on New York!" and started dancing and clapping his hands over his head to the rhythm of the music. I start laughing and then everyone on the lawn stands up, starts cheering, clapping and dancing with him! So then I start laughing even harder. It was awesome! Don't tell my dad, but I rode the subway home by myself at 11:30 p.m. last night because I didn't really have a choice. I had no cash, and there were still lots of young people out so I just went for it. I did carry my pepper spray in my hand the whole time though. By the way, my dad thinks that I shouldn't ride the subway after 6 p.m. Let's get real Dad. Besides the free movies in Bryant Park, there are also the GMA concerts I mentioned yesterday, free music around 5 ish, free yoga and tai chi, knitting, story time for kids and I'm sure there's more that I don't even know about yet.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
I appreciate your over blogging! I love to read what you are doing and wishing I had your life!
You're too funny!
well..it's happened...you're officially too cool to be my friend. we had a good run though!
Post a Comment