I just spent my final weekend in Abilene. Of course some of you might be thinking...didn't you do that like a month ago??? Yes...yes, I did. My dad's mom passed away in December and my aunt and uncle have been getting ready for the estate sale and the sale of the house, etc., and this last weekend was the estate sale. My dad couldn't go (and for what reason I still don't know) so he sent me instead which was awesome because I ended up getting paid. It was an exhausting but extremely fun weekend. It was really interesting to see all the people who come to estate sales. There are the people who come because they collect certain items, then there are the people who are looking for a steal, people who can only shop at estate sales because of their limited income and lastly (as Scott dubbed them) people shopping for their own estate sales!!!
I went up to HR to visit again, and it was good to see everyone. It wasn't as weird as I thought it might be to see the changes in the office since I had left. I also got to see Slade and Dava Lynn one last time, and Dava made me cry with her sweet prayer for my trip! I taught Scott and Wendy Kilmer how to play Euker (KC-be proud) and toured their new house. Scott and I saw Wall-E and made various outings. Deb and I had lunch. All and all it was a very full weekend. The first time I left Abilene I cried all the way home, and the second time I left Abilene I cried all the way home. There's seven years of memories there. It's where I was when I found out my mom was dying. Where I was when my dad proposed to Pam. It's where I've made some of my closest friends. Where I got my first job. Maybe one day I'll end up back in Abilene, and I think that if I do I would probably be happy with that. It's a great home.
I'm still emotionless about my actual move on Friday. I think part of it is that I'm just too busy to think about what's really happening. I just got to Brooke's house from Abilene a few minutes ago, tomorrow I'm having lunch with friends and dinner with friends, Wednesday and Thursday I'm helping my dad and Pam move into their new house...so I'm a little busy! We're having a family dinner on Thursday night, and then early early early on Friday morning we are leaving. Crazy!
1 comment:
Good post. It was good to see you. So natural I felt like we were just going to go back to work and then home afterward! You're going to do great...I have no doubts...
Post a Comment