All weekend Adriane and I had conversations about being grown up. We pay our own bills, we make our own decisions. We buy cars, iPods, whatever we want. And if we want an Icee from Target, we can have an Icee, and we don't have to ask permission. Last night there was a really big storm in Abilene. Lightning all around, thundering while you can still see the lightning striking. Loud and scary. So lightning struck and my power went out. So like any grown up would do, I grabbed my cell phone, clutched it as if it were my lifeline, and talked myself out of calling my dad. Yep, I'm a grown up.
What's even funnier is the other night I actually sat outside during a storm (before it started pouring) watching it all around me. It made me think of that church song, Everytime. It was amazing.
2 comments:
I know excactly what you mean, Mel. Here I am an "adult" who takes care of herself and yet at times I still need the security of my parents. I guess there always will be the kid in us :)
Mom...can I get an Icee?
Post a Comment