I love weekends like this last one. Friday night was spent with Deb at Starbucks getting to know some of her friends. We were out until 1 a.m., which I realized I haven't been out that late in a long, long time. Sad.
Saturday morning, Deborah and I had a date for sausage, gravy and biscuits. And it was dang good gravy if I do say so myself. We vegged on the couch for awhile before venturing out to the pool with Adriane to lay out. There is a group of people that has started hanging out at the Teakwood pool. None of them live in Teakwood, but they all come religiously to the pool every day. I now know more about those people than anyone else that actually lives in Teakwood. There's Charles aka Chuck, who is dating Becky, who just moved into a new apartment Saturday morning. Chuck was working on Saturday morning so he couldn't help Becky move the couch into the apartment; so Will and Hayden helped her move the couch in, but Will had to wake Hayden up to move it. Will went and saw The Break Up with Erin on Saturday night. Erin didn't like the movie because of the ending-it was good until the end. Etc, etc. They laughed at/with me when I couldn't get back on my raft when I tried to flip over. Good times.
Adriane and I attended our first adult Bible class. It was good to be around adults and just sitting. But when we walked by our 4s and 5s classroom, I was sad. Oh well, we will see them on Wednesday. We ate lunch at Fazoli's and laid out at the pool again with our new friends. I went and saw The Break Up with the girls from work. I thought it was good and had a realistic ending. I get really tired of movies that are predictable and unrealistic. I think they make girls put unrealistic expectations on guys. In the movies, guys always come through and rescue the girl, but that's just not how it is most of the time. Sorry for being a downer!
Saturday would have been my parents' 39th anniversary. Crazy! I haven't even been alive 39 years. I'm glad I had a good example of a godly marriage, but it also makes me a little picky about my mate, which is good. It's always better to be picky-best to know what you want.
4 comments:
Alright we are going to start putting "the" in front of every town's name. That way they will all feel special. I am leaving The College Station on Thursday after work and heading to The Abilene for the weekend. Hope to see you!
P.S. I have taken your advice and I too am teaching on Wednesday nights in the fall so I can feel like an adult...but I do miss the kids
Um, did you forget your exciting Saturday night of watching the Mavs at the Kilmers? And the beer burgers?
What's even sadder is I'm sure the whole Ad building knows I'm coming to visit. Good old Dad!
Post a Comment