For the second time in the past year, Maggie ran away. All ended well, but for about 20 minutes, I was distraught. I sat on my back porch and cried looking out into the empty field. I was waiting for my friends to arrive while I cried. I wanted to go look for Maggie by myself, but there were many reasons that stopped me. The first being if Maggie had been hit by a car, I didn't want to be the one to see it. The second being I didn't think I had a flashlight, and there are plenty of snakes around my house...the rest were dumb like I should wait until my friends get here and then we'll get organized and find her.
Well Adriane and Deborah found her before they even got to my house. Maggie was probably only 100 yards away from my housing complex. And I realized that if I had just gone out there and looked, I probably could have found her by myself, not made all my friends rush over and avoided an unpleasant evening of sitting on my porch crying. I felt so guilty about the whole thing that after she came home, I gave her a bath and let her sleep in the bed wet. Sick.
Next time Maggie runs away, I'm going after her and not sitting down and crying about it.
No comments:
Post a Comment