Wednesday, May 10, 2006

Mother's Day/Graduation Weekend

I called my dad this morning to talk real estate with him. That's when he decided to tell me that he and Pam weren't coming to visit this weekend. It's funny because I'm pretty sure if I hadn't asked "are you still coming this weekend?," then it probably would never have come up. Good riddance. Who needs parents coming to town when you've got a million friends coming in for graduation.

One of those millions of friends is Josh King. He is crashing at my place for his dad's graduation. I'm not sure when the last time I saw Josh was, but I'm pretty sure it was somewhere between the ages of 16-18. My mom was his dad's secretary at Turnpike Church of Christ when she was pregnant with me, and his mom was pregnant with him. Oh what a special bond we have.

Anyway, I'm starting to swing back into the "I need to leave Abilene right now" phase. I think I just need to breathe. And maybe open all the windows and let in the air ;).

1 comment:

Wendy said...

Doesn't it help to know that Kiplinger's Personal Finance named Abilene as one of the "Top 50 Smart Places to Live"?