I've been trying for days to find words, but I still can't find them. Adriane's mom passed away on Monday, and I'm still not sure I can put into words how I'm feeling. Most of you know that Adriane and I were potluck roommates freshman year of college, which is when my mom died. When my sister called to tell me that they were putting my mom in hospice care, Adriane crawled into bed with me and held me as I cried. A few years later I was the one crawling into bed with her when we found out her mom's cancer was back. For the past five years we prayed for Linda's cancer to disappear. I knew we weren't praying selfish prayers because Linda was someone that you couldn't help but feel blessed when you were around her. She was funny, gentle, motherly and someone I am going to miss. The preacher today said it best when he said God answered our prayers by putting Linda's cancer on hold. She was able to touch so many people with her spirit during these five years. And although I wish it was 50 years instead of five, I'm glad I got to spend more time with her as a satellite member of the Jewett family. Linda always treated me like part of the family (she even rubbed my head one time because I had a sinus headache!). She was always cooking us meals whenever she came to visit Abilene and making fun surprises like Christmas cookies. Adriane would always bring me jars of apple butter from Linda. I never liked apple butter until I had hers! I bought a jar from a farmer's market a few weeks ago in the city, and I still didn't like it. When I arrived in Longview on Friday, Adriane handed me a jar of apple butter. That was the first of the tears for the weekend.
Her service was really beautiful. Friends spoke of Linda and gave a true testament to her character. Linda was always smiling and taking care of everyone around her. She was a Godly woman, and I hope that I can one day be a tenth of the woman she was. Adriane and I have talked about our moms in heaven together. I like to think that maybe along with people from Linda's life that my mom and brother were there to greet her Monday night. I like to joke that Linda is whisper yelling (Linda never yelled, if she was upset at someone she would whisper) at my mom to be nice. Of course we know they are in no more pain together praising with the angels, and I'm sure they're both cheering us on as we continue on in life. Thank you to everyone who has been praying for Adriane's family during this time. I know they have felt God's comfort through your prayers.
He will wipe every tear from their eyes, and there will be no more death or sorrow or crying or pain. All these things are gone forever. - Revelation 21:4
2 comments:
I am sorry for the loss. Keeping you guys in my prayers!
Amen. Mom loved you. I love you. Thanks for being there.
Post a Comment