After all, we brought nothing with us when we came into the world, and we can’t take anything with us when we leave it. - I Timothy 6:7
Friday, March 13, 2009
Work Chatter
Today my boss and I had a long talk about me and how I was feeling about work. Honestly I feel great. Yes, it's an incredibly easy job, but that's not a complaint for me. I had two jobs before this one in New York, and both were nightmares. The first one I was busy I barely got take lunch breaks, and my boss was a total jerk. My last job was just...well...let's call it different. Haha. I don't want to hurt anyone's feelings here. This job though is easy, I get great benefits, my boss is incredibly flexible and we leave early ALL the time. Today we're leaving at 3 p.m. because it's the Friday before spring break and no one is here. Next week, we're leaving at 3 p.m. every day. My boss let me off three days at a moment's notice last week so that I could go home for Texas for the funeral. Today he told me not to even worry about making the time up because I'm a good employee. Awesome. He's worried about me going to another department on campus, which who knows maybe one day it might happen. For now though, I'm content where I am. I like the known vs. the unknown. I like knowing I will definitely get my lunch break, time off and never go home thinking about work. Besides, I get a free afternoon snack every day. You can't beat that!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment