After all, we brought nothing with us when we came into the world, and we can’t take anything with us when we leave it. - I Timothy 6:7
Thursday, December 04, 2008
Morning Bus Ride
Today on the bus I noticed a sign above a grocery that said "Meat and Poultry Slaughtered Daily." Sick. I did not need a mental image of that as I go into the grocery store. Needless to say I don't and won't shop there. I like to pretend my meat and poultry comes from trees. Every morning I wait for the bus, and it never fails that there's someone waiting for the bus with me. What annoys/cracks me up is that it also never fails that someone will wait to look for their bus pass until they actually get on the bus. We've been standing at the stop for usually 10 minutes, and in this time while they were waiting for the bus, it apparently never occurred to them that they might actually need their metrocard to get on the bus. People also do this in the subway. They wait until they get right in front of the turnstiles to start looking for their cards so then they're blocking traffic both in and out of the station. It's so polite. There is one more weird thing about my commute in the morning. Every time I get off the bus at my stop for work, the crosswalk for me is green. Every morning. We get there at different times every day, and almost every day I take a different bus there (different bus meaning the 8:42 or the 8:55 bus), but every day when I get off the bus I know I can cross the street. It kind of weirds me out.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment