Friday, November 21, 2008

One Crazy Week

Scott arrived yesterday, and it has been an interesting trip for him already. Our first bus ride from the airport to my apartment we had our first crazy. It didn't take long. The guy was yelling at the bus driver about letting him on the bus, but the bus was incredibly full. It was humorous though. People were yelling at the guy to just get on the bus so that we could go. After he got on the bus he was saying something about how he wasn't going to be quiet just to make everyone mad. So he was singing and then yelling things like "all the ladies say hey...all the little kids on the bus say hey." I'm not convinced that he wasn't on crack. This morning Scott's sleeping in while I'm working, but I have to say I've been really productive because I won us David Letterman tickets. That's not a huge deal, fun but not huge, except for the fact that the day we're going the guests are supposed to be Nicole Kidman and Kanye West! I'm not that thrilled about Nicole Kidman because I think she's kind of weird, but I'm stoked about Kanye West. It's going to be fun!!! I think the best part about it is that we don't have standby tickets, we have actual tickets. So there's no "if" we get in, we're definitely in.

We went to small group last night so he got to meet everyone from church. Claudia from work was also there last night. It was nice having some new faces there. We got pizza with a guy from small group afterward at a place called Nick's by Ryan and Cassie's place. It was really fresh and good. I think we might get some Indian food tonight, but I don't know what the plan for the rest of the evening is. Sunday we're going to Chinatown with Claudia. Monday we have tickets to David Letterman. I think we might do some errands on Tuesday like IKEA. Wednesday we're going to watch the set up for the Macy's Thanksgiving Day parade, and Thursday we're going to the Statue of Liberty. We have a list of a lot of places Scott wants to eat and see though. I'm sure we'll be busy the whole week.

No comments: