Maggie's been attending work with me all week because my building is showing my office. She's been getting to know everyone even better because she's getting a lot of concentrated time at the office. The other day, my boss was talking to Maggie asking her if she was excited to come stay with them at Christmas and hang out with their dog. Maggie came running into the room with me, stood up against my chair, put her paw on my arm and tilted her head as if to say "ummm, are you leaving me???" It was hilarious.
My boss is doing hair and makeup for a play right now and bought our whole office tickets. Our tickets were for last night; so my plan was to take Maggie back to my apartment and then make my way to the play. Last night, however, actors from the original Broadway show (of Into The Woods) had a Q&A session before the play started. My boss didn't want me to miss that so she offered to let Maggie come over during the play. I told her that was fine except it would be really late after the play, and I would need to come get Maggie afterwards. Then she told me that Maggie could just spend the night. This is when I discovered I'm a little more attached to Maggie than I realized!
So a guy from work drove me, my boss and our dogs to my boss' apartment. We dropped the dogs off and headed to the theater. Not long after that it started to sink in that I would be sleeping alone that night, and that I wouldn't be walking Maggie that night or in the morning. Then I worried about how Maggie was going to do in a new environment with people she knew but not really well. I should never have kids! I had dreams about Maggie staying at the Masons. It was bad. I could not wait to get to work this morning to see how she did. I rode the bus, antsy the entire way. When I turned to walk up the stairs at work, Maggie was at the top of the stairs wagging her stub. She ran down the stairs to greet me, and I was trying to play it cool. I'm sure if I had a stub, it would have been wagging.
Lark reported that Maggie did well last night. She ate, and she did mope, but overall she did good. He said she laid down by the front door waiting for me to come get her. Awww. Poor thing. We both made it though, and now I know she'll be fine at Christmas when she goes for her extended stay!
No comments:
Post a Comment