Tuesday we went to IKEA...twice. The first trip, we ate lunch and went through the showroom and wrote down all the bin numbers. Once we got into the self-serve area, we quickly realized that we would not be able to take it all back to my apartment in one trip. So it was Scott's idea to come back the same day for the rest of the stuff. So we took the first group of items back to my apartment on the subway, and on the way back to IKEA we went to Ray's pizza on 11th St. (mentioned by Santa in the movie Elf) to eat dinner. Then we stopped by Trader Joe's for some Mochi and headed back to IKEA. We were already exhausted but determined. When we left IKEA the first time, Scott had left the second group of items all on one cart and pushed it down an aisle. I didn't think it was still going to be there when we got back, but I was wrong. All of our stuff was still on the same cart in the same place, so we didn't have to do any other work other than checking out. One of the boxes alone was 6 feet long because it was the side of my bed. Needless to say we were a little weary about taking it back. We looked into renting a UHaul van, but Scott was sure we could do it on the Subway again with an IKEA cart. So I bought an IKEA cart but didn't tell him that the weight limit was supposed to be 66 lbs. We had at least twice that. We got a lot of looks on the subway, and there were a few times that I thought we weren't going to make it up some stairs, but we did it. I highly recommend taking a car to IKEA if at all possible.
On Wednesdays the Bronx Zoo is free, so we donated a small amount and spent most of the day there. After the zoo, we went to Target to pick up a few things and then back to Chinatown for more souveniers. We tried to go to Bryant Park to go ice skating. We knew the admission was free, and we were hoping that the skate rental would be around $6, but it was $12. We decided that we were too tired to go ice skating for $12 for 20 minutes (20 minutes because we were tired not because there was a limit). So then we thought about going to see the parade set up, but Ryan and Cassie told us that they couldn't see that much and that it was really crowded, so we skipped that too. We did end up going to Serendipity for frozen hot chocolate. I was a little mad because they raised the price of the frozen hot chocolate since I had been there, and they made an $8.50 per person minimum to sit, but they weren't doing take out. So I was mad because I really didn't want my own frozen hot chocolate but didn't have a choice anymore. It was still good though.
On Thursday we went to the Statue of Liberty and Ellis Island for a good majority of the day. I talked Scott into walking up to the observatory deck because we had tickets to do so, and it was a 156 steps up to the deck. It didn't sound that bad at first, but I was dying when we got to the top. Once we got to the top, we realized that it was the same view as from the ground. Haha. So we walked back down and went to Ellis Island. We didn't stay there long (becuase we were exhausted), but we did watch a really good movie about the history of the island. We went home to watch the Cowboys game. I made Adriane's mom's cheesey potato soup and pumpkin pie. We watched a movie and went to bed. We were both exhausted. Scott left Friday around 1 p.m. We got bagels that morning and went to the airport. I spent most of yesterday trying to recover. I did four loads of laundry and arranged my new furniture in my apartment. Claudia came over last night, and I made her Texas queso. She really liked it, and texted me today to tell me that she's making it at home. Maybe I can revolutionize the East coast with queso!!! I'll need a lot of Rotel for that.
Scott in Times Square.
Madison Square Gardens.
Me and Scott at MSG.
Me and Scott at David Letterman.
The two of us at the Statue of Liberty.
Scott in front of the statue on the ferry.
Me in front of the statue on the ferry.
2 comments:
It's nice to actually see some pictures of you on here!! It looks like you two had lots of fun. I wish we could come visit you!
It sounds like ya'll had sooo much fun! I am jealous of all the stuff you did!
Post a Comment