Friday, June 23, 2006

Only in Abilene...

Last night I was watching TV, and there were several commercials about Brandon Rector, the movie review guy. So 10 p.m. rolls around, and the news comes on. Who's the weather man? None other than the movie reviewer, Brandon Rector. Only in Abilene could those two be the same person. To top things off, the third story of the night was about a local Catholic church praying for rain and asking other local churches to do the same. I have to say, it must have worked, though, because it was raining this morning when I woke up.

Also last week, Scott and I were driving back from Wal-Mart when we saw a cop car and several cars stopped on the road. Next were two horses running the grassy area by the road, followed by the oldest man alive in jeans, no shirt, a bath robe and a rope. Only in Abilene.

My stepmom emailed me yesterday, and she is buying our tickets for New York. I'm so excited I can barely stand it. We're leaving the morning of November 28 and coming home in the evening on December 2. So five days in New York, and it's paid for. Wooooo hooooo!

No comments: