I have a new best friend, they're called steroids. I got a sinus infection this past week and had an allergic reaction to the antibiotic the doctor prescribed me, so he put me on a steroid instead. They're great. I took my first dose on Friday night, and Saturday morning when I woke up, I felt like a new person. They have also boosted my energy level. The only problem with the instant energy boost is that I haven't slept in two nights, and I go back to work tomorrow. I am excited about going back to work and getting to be around people all day. I have a slight case of cabin fever after spending the last five days at my house with short outings. I am a little worried though about my ability to focus on work after zero sleep. It'll be interesting...
Another celebration in my life is the fact that Apple has finally come out with the U2 video iPod. Coincidence that my iPod broke a couple of months ago, and I still haven't had it fixed??? I think not. I believe it is destiny my friends. Destiny. And I am going to follow my destiny.
I've really gotten back into realizing what aspirations I have for my life. I still feel like I could be happy doing a lot of things, which I think is a good sign. I think now I just need to pick an area and get going. I'm reading a book called Wild At Heart, and it talks about how men give up on childhood dreams which end up affecting the rest of their lives. Giving up on dreams can fill you with regret later in life. So the author's theory is that if you follow through on your dreams instead of giving them up for someone then you'll be a better mate and/or friend in the long run. Instead of giving up your dreams for your mate and possibly resenting them for that, you go on your adventures together. I like the idea of life being an adventure that you live with someone instead of "settling down." Elliott told me one time that he didn't want someone to settle down with, he wanted someone to experience life with, and I agree. So now to find my adventure...
1 comment:
Sorry you have been sick and that I didn't get to see you this weekend. I really didn't have much time to see anyone. I was crazy busy with wedding stuff. But I am coming back this Saturday through Thursday. Do ya'll still do girls lunch?
Post a Comment