Wednesday, June 14, 2006

Top Five

In honor of High Fidelity, here's a top five list.

Top Five Songs for a Bad Day

5. What's It Feel Like to Be a Ghost? by Taking Back Sunday
Nothing like Taking Back Sunday to get some of the rage out of your system. If I'm pissed off, I can usually blow off some steam with Taking Back Sunday. What's It Feel Like to Be a Ghost is one of my favorites right now.

4. Time to Move On, by Tom Petty.
It's time to move on, time to get going. What lies ahead, I have no way of knowing, but under my feet, the grass is growing. Melody get your butt in gear and get going, don't waste anymore time. Life will work itself out.

3. This Is Your Life, Switchfoot.
Yesterday is a wrinkle on your forehead, yesterday is a promise that you've broken, don't close your eyes, this is your life and today is all you got now and today is all you'll ever have...are you who you wanna be? Good question. If the answer is no, then I need to change that.

2. Better Days by Goo Goo Dolls.
Kind of cheesey, I know, but it gives me hope when I hear it. A simple reminder that material things aren't going to make me happy, tomorrow's another day, and someone else already paid the price for me:

And you ask me what I want this year
And I try to make this kind and clear
Just a chance that maybe we'll find better days
Cuz I don't need boxes wrapped in strings
And desire and love and empty things
Just a chance that maybe we'll find better days

So take these words
And sing out loud
Cuz everyone is forgiven now
Cuz tonight's the night the world begins again

1. Bad by U2.
I dare you to find another song that has such raw emotion. No matter why I'm having a bad day, I listen to Bad and Bono sings my heart out for me. If this, if that, but it all boils down to letting it go.

2 comments:

Travis and Erin Bodeker said...

Yes bowling is a must...it's tradition!

Adriane Jewett said...

well...I admit that your top 5 is pretty good...but I think you forgot the obvious..."Cause you had a bad day, You're taking one down, You sing a sad song just to turn it around..." Sung by Daniel Powter...or is it Scott Kilmer?