I just had a moment where I was Napoleon Dynamite. I got an email today at 11:15 a.m. that was dated 5:54 p.m. from yesterday. My response? To sigh as loud and long as possible. At least I did catch myself and call myself Napoleon. Unlike Kip, I can't sing I love technology...it'd be a lie right now.
Things have been busy lately. Friday night I babysat for Michael and Susan Lewis. I got to the house and asked the boys what they wanted to do that night, and they informed me that we were going chalking. So we picked up a couple of girls and drove around Abilene drawing on people's sidewalks and driveways, knocking on their doors, running as fast as we could back to the car and honking as we drove away. Only one person was actually home of the ten people we chalked. It also rained about an hour after we finished washing away all our hard work. I hate to admit that I actually had fun doing this, but I did. The kids' giggles were infectious, and I was giggling wondering if we were going to get caught. Good times.
After a night of chalking, you obviously have to play some fooseball. I got my butt kicked. Adriane and I spent the rest of the weekend with sore hands. We went to the ACU alumni Rangers game with the Kilmers. That was fun. Another moment where I felt like a kid. There was a fireworks show at the end of the game, and I found myself giggling again because there was a big boom and colorful lights.
We ate dinner and rode home with the Kilmers. I love the Kilmers. They're always a constant in my life. People I know I can count on. We went bowling last night with EC who was in town...woo hoo, love it when that girl is back in Abilene, and about 15 other people showed up! It was good to see everyone.
I hope this week is filled with more giggling kid moments and less Napoleon moments.
No comments:
Post a Comment