Monday, June 26, 2006

Marco!

Saturday was supposed to be the inaugural girls' swim....however, to my dismay, I found out we were having mixed swimming. I'll be the first to admit, that I was not so sure about mixed swimming. We had a good crowd going though, so I decided to give it a shot. At first it was the typical, float on a raft, lay in the sun and snack. But then someone had the idea to play marco polo. I'm not sure I've ever actually played marco polo before Saturday, but it is now one of my all-time favorite pool games. At first I played on my raft still, just paddling around the pool. Then I was tagged.

I spent the next million games really into it. I even got out of the water ran and jumped back in. On my knee is a scab from a marco polo related injury. That might have been the best swim time ever. After some more games of marco polo, we played sharks and minnows. Now this, I have played before. I am expert player from my days in swim team. So, we five adults versus one would yell "I am the shark!" and "we are the minnows," "I'm going to eat you," "unintelligible."

That night we decided to play games. The girls whipped up in Taboo, of course. So we decided to let the boys have their victory at Trivial Pursuit. Let me say though, that the girls had their pie pieces for about an hour before the boys did, we just had the misfortune of never rolling into the middle.

So for Saturday's swim day, I have sunburned shoulders and face, a scab on my knee, and a bruised ego, and I still giggle when I think about how much fun we had.

1 comment:

Travis and Erin Bodeker said...

I wish I could have stayed in town for all swim and game night. I can't believe you've never played marco polo.