http://www.cnn.com/2005/POLITICS/08/17/crawford.protest/index.html
I would like to say that I think Cindy Sheehan is the rudest person I know right now...I know this is a little ironic after my last post but hear me out. If you want to get someone's attention, do not do it at their home on their vacation from ruling a country. When the whole Monica Lewinsky fiasco happened with Bill Clinton, did everyone not claim that our president does deserve a little privacy? And if this was anyone else in America besides the president, would we not be horrified that she would ruin someone's vacation??? President Bush may not be the most noble leader we've had, and you may not agree with all the decisions he makes (even I do not), but he deserves a break from what has to be the most stressful job in America.
Sheehan has a website called moveon.org, which I would say is a rather ironic name considering the situation. I'm not saying that Sheehan does not have a right to protest or that she does not have a just cause. However, Sheehan has already met with Bush once, and it obviously was not very effective, but she wants a second meeting. How many everyday citizens get to meet with the president even once, why should she get to meet with him twice? Do other people not have just as worthy causes that they would like to meet with President Bush about? I guess my question for Sheehan is, if she has already met with Bush and it didn't work, why doesn't she move on and find another method?
No comments:
Post a Comment