So in Italian, basta means (roughly) "it is sufficient." I've been comparing the concept of basta to my life lately. I think some might people think, "it's only sufficient?" But that's not what I mean. For me, it means life is overwhelmingly great, and instead of trying to constantly add more to it, I need to remember that what I have is sufficient. It's a reminder that I need to say basta more often than I do. I believe completely in living life fully, but I think that is taking every opportunity, not whining about what I don't have or don't do.
I was driving home tonight, and it was 72 degrees outside. I had the windows rolled down and was enjoying the unusually cool August evening when Love Song for a Savior came on the radio. Those of you who know me well know that I don't typically listen to Christian music...especially on the radio. But that song always reminds me how stupid I am. God's love is constant and more than sufficient, but instead of accepting it, I push it away. Funny how those kinds of songs always come on the radio at just the right time. I need to spend more time seeking him and thanking him for his numerous blessings. Maybe one day I'll learn to say basta.
No comments:
Post a Comment