Friday, August 26, 2005

The Scientist

Nobody said it was easy. It's such a shame for us to part. No one ever said it would be this hard. I'll take you back to the start.

Someone pointed out to me the other day that when people choose not to be a part of your life, sometimes that's harder than death...and we actually weren't talking about break ups. But after thinking about it some more, she's right. Knowing that someone is out there, consciously choosing not to be in your life, sucks. Basically they are saying to you that you're no longer a person worthy of their time. Some people don't leave our lives by choice, but take roads that lead them in different directions. Others stay with us throughout life.

Why do we have to part ways with people? Why can't we stay in touch forever? Why do things change? Of course I know the answer to all of these questions. Parting is a necessity of life. It's how God changes us, how we grow and become better people. We leave certain people in the past and bring more people into the present. But leaving certain people in the past can be difficult, especially when you don't get to take part in that decision.

So I would like to apologize to anyone I unintentionally or intentionally shut out of my life, and I hope that maybe one day we can reconnect. To those of you who have intentionally chosen to take me out of your life, I hope I am one day reunited with you and can see the person you have evolved into. I will try to remember to pray for you throughout my life.

For those who are in my life now. I am incredibly blessed to have you as a friend, family member or even acquaintance. I hope we treat each other with dignity and respect and most of all with love.

No comments: