Wednesday, August 10, 2005

Katherine Newton is my hero

Katherine Newton is seven years old, and yes, she is my hero. Katherine recently collected more than 350 signatures for the ONE Campaign at KidFest in Abilene. Of course I wear my wristband every day and my t-shirt on occassion, but really what I have done? I'm really embarrassed that a seven-year-old is more dedicated to her beliefs and morals that she followed through on a conviction while I sit and read about what's going on and shake my head. She watched Brad Pitt on PrimeTime Live and did something. I watched Brad Pitt on PrimeTime Live and thought "I'm really glad Brad is telling America what's up." So cheers Katherine, keep up the good work, and please keep being a role model for myself and the rest of us everyday Americans.

You can read the story for yourself by clicking on the link below. You have to register with the Reporter News, it's free and they don't send you any junk e-mail.

http://www.reporter-news.com/abil/fe_columns/
article/0,1874,ABIL_7923_3985545,00.html

No comments: