Monday, August 29, 2005

The Pleasants

For those of you who knew Klint Pleasant, you should read this short blog entry:
http://klintpleasant.blogspot.com/2005/08/my-wife-is-sick.html#comments

Klint Pleasant was the basketball coach for ACU. His wife is 27, and his baby was born (I think) in January. Klint quit his job as head ACU basketball coach so that he could move back to Michigan to be closer to his family. The Pleasants thought they were moving because they wanted to be closer to their family. But God knew they were moving because they were going to need their family.

It's so cool how God takes care of us during the valleys of our lives. If the Pleasants hadn't moved then they would have been what would have felt like millions of miles away from their family. But God knew what was in store, and he did not abandon them. Who knows why this happened to them, but God is taking care of them.

How wonderful it is to serve a God who cares for us and is active in our lives. I think too many times I see God as passive and not active in every single moment of my life whether I choose him to be or not. Thanks God for being so cool and letting me have a chance to see your wisdom and holiness. I'm sorry I screw up so much.

In the words of Bono...

Take this soul
Stranded in some skin and bones
Take this soul
And make it sing

Yahweh, Yahweh
Always pain before a child is born
Yahweh, Yahweh
Still I'm waiting for the dawn

Take these hands
Teach them what to carry
Take these hands
Don't make a fist
Take this mouth
So quick to criticise
Take this mouth
Give it a kiss

Yahweh, Yahweh
Always pain before a child is born
Yahweh, Yahweh
Still I'm waiting for the dawn

Still waiting for the dawn, the sun is coming up
The sun is coming up on the ocean
This love is like a drop in the ocean
This love is like a drop in the ocean

No comments: