Life has been a little hectic lately, and I love it! There's been something going on every day it seems lately. Last night a group of us girls got together for a picnic in the park. It was hilarious to see how much was going on around us. There were two guys running sprints the whole time we were there, another poor guy who kept running laps (I was very impressed by him though because he looked miserable but he never stopped!), a boot camp and tons of people with dogs including us! Maggie was so relaxed the whole time we were at the park that it kind of weirded me out. She just laid down on the blanket and didn't move. There was even food all around her. She didn't even pant. It was nice but still weird. My neighbors down the street, Aaron and Erica, have an apartment in their building opening up. I talked to their landlord, and I'm going to look at the apartment today. It's a lot bigger than my place now - a true one bedroom, same neighborhood and a lot cheaper. The only trick will be subletting my place and scrounging around for a deposit. My next-door neighbors, Jason and Angela, are moving tomorrow, and I am super bummed. They were great neighbors, and I really enjoyed hanging out with them. They also took good care of Maggie while I was gone. They are giving me their couch though, which will be interesting to have in my tiny apartment right now, but hopefully if I move it will be great to already have a free, clean couch to start out with. And to add to the chaos of possibly moving and fitting a giant couch in my apartment, my dad and Pam are arriving on Thursday to visit. I'm excited to have them here and can't wait to show them what my life is like here. I did not make it until my dad gets here for my air conditioner. It was so hot in my apartment, and today's high was originally supposed to be 70, so I thought I could make it, but the forecast changed, and today's high is 90 again. So Aaron and Erica came to my rescue to help me install the air conditioner without it falling out the window and killing someone below. I was literally scared of this happening. I felt a lot better about it when Aaron drilled it into the window sill, and I was able to see that the window comes down behind this bar to hold the AC in place.
Here are pictures from the park:
Maggie being so relaxed it made me nervous:

Erica and Maggie:

Anna and Christy:

Anna and Elissa:

The banana pudding we had for dessert:
1 comment:
crazy you might move again! that's got to be hard. but that would be awesome to have a bigger place. I am so impressed with how well you are doing there!
Post a Comment