I've decided I need more pictures of me in New York so that I can remember what it was like to live here! I have some, but not as many as I would like. So I am resolving to take more pictures with me in them. That means I need to start doing more exciting things worthy of picture taking! Lately my days have been filled with grocery shopping, spring clothes shopping and just hanging out. My neighbors and I have been spending more time together spontaneously. They called me the other night and asked me if I had any of my homemade salsa leftover. Surprisingly I did so we had salsa, wine, ice cream and just sat around and talked. Saturday my touch football team had its fourth game. We're now 3-1 with an impressive win on Saturday if I do say so myself. We won 26-12, which doesn't sound like that much after we won last week 36-6, but we had to work a little harder for this one. I'm proud of our team and think we might actually have a shot now at the playoffs. I have no idea what happens if you win the championship. Maybe a t-shirt like intramurals in college? Bragging rights?
Saturday night, the same neighbors (Aaron and Erica) and I went to a bar down the street from us to "boost its business." It's a nice bar that's not very rowdy, and we were afraid that it was going to go out of business with the economy the way it is because we hadn't seen very many people in there the last few times we went. We showed up armed with more salsa (you can bring food into this bar) and Scrabble. The bar was surprisingly filled with people, but all the tables were empty. After eating for a while we started playing Scrabble, and by the time we finished Scrabble the place was completely packed with people. It was hilarious. We decided maybe La Negrita wasn't doing as poorly as we thought and maybe we just needed to go out later! We had a hard time just getting to the door there were so many people there.
Target has some great sales on DVDs this week so you should go! They have The Office Season 4 for $18.99 ($21 off!), Arrested Development Seasons 1-3 for $12.99 each and a ton of movies on sale including Bolt for $13.99.
No comments:
Post a Comment