Thursday, April 02, 2009

It's Official

My boss just called me into his office and scared the living daylights out of me. He's been driving me nuts lately, and he knows that he has, and I've been trying to hide it, but I think everyone who knows me knows that I don't really hide my emotions well. So he called me into his office and handed me an envelope. My first thought was "great, I've been written up." My next thought was "or maybe it's a bonus!!!" It was actually my official offer letter telling me my probationary period is over, and I am now a permanent employee of Columbia University. Woo hoo! He also told me he was extremely happy with the job I'm doing, and he apologized that I didn't have more to do during the day. I thanked him and told him so far I'm ok with the lack of work. I'm a little scared for the summer though. Maybe I can convince him that we can start watching movies like on The Office.

My U2 tickets came in the mail yesterday. So I am almost officially ready for the concert. I'm so giddy right now I can't stand it. I know the next few months are going to drag on waiting for September 24, but I know it will be worth it! Adriane's still trying to work out a way to make it here for the show. Maybe I can start a fundraiser to bring her here. Haha. I did start a list of stuff that I need to get to be officially ready for the concert. Here it is...
  1. Cargo capri pants with zipper pockets so that I can be hands free during the show without worrying about my goods.
  2. Plenty of poster board to make multiple drafts of signs and go through editing process. Right now I'm thinking "America loves U2" or "NY 's U2."
  3. Paint/markers to make posters.
  4. Blank shirts.
  5. Letters for shirts.
  6. Maybe a small set of binoculars that might hang on my neck.
  7. A collapsible step ladder for Adriane.

1 comment:

~Mrs. Guru~ said...

yay, for being official!