It's nights like these that make me think I'm going to go to sleep and when I wake up, my apartment is 10 miles away from where it used to be. There's a thunderstorm going on right now, and the rain is pouring. And in the words of Homer Hiccolm and the Rocketboys, there's water everywhere. I live in a part of town where it floods really bad on the streets. It reminds me of Winnie the Pooh when they get on top of chairs and have to paddle. Maggie's panting and shaking...it's going to be a long night.
Here's a cool quote from Bono I found when I was going through my iPod stuff trying to fix it:
The hardest thing to do is to stick together...mates, family, marriage, business, bands. It's like resisting gravity...it's like King Canute sitting in his chair trying to talk back the tide...but you can, and we have, and we will turn the waves around...the alternative is too predictable...you rid the room of argument...you empty your life of the people you need the most.
No comments:
Post a Comment