Ok really it's two half time jobs. I started yesterday working in HR half time and as the Centennial Projects Coordinator half time. Honestly, it kind of makes me feel like a student worker again. I wear snazzier clothes, but I still feel like a student...I'm sure it will change once I have my very own desk over there. Not being in one place all day is different, and different is gooooooood. I'm really happy to be back in HR, it just feels like my second home. I really feel that when I was hired in HR (when I was a freshman almost 4 years ago to the day from today) that God was taking care of me.
I had interviewed for that job and another job on campus. The other job called and offered me the job the same day, but HR wanted me to go through a second interview. So I scheduled the second interview for the following week. Well, my sister called me the day before the interview to tell me that my mom was going into hospice care but not to come home yet. The next day, my dad called and told me to come home. So I called to reschedule my interview and called the other job to ask for a little more time to think things over. When I called HR, I was very calm and matter of fact about the situation at hand. I found out a couple of years later that after Carol hung up the phone with me she started crying (as did I) because her mom had passed away not too long before then of cancer...coincidence that she's the one that picked up the call? I don't think so.
I was at home for a week and a half. HR sent a card, and I wasn't even working with them yet. When I got back to Abilene, I rescheduled my interview with Suzanne and got the job, but Teresa had hinted before I left Abilene that I had the job, I just had to meet with Suzanne to make sure she liked me. By the way, while I was home Adriane called the other job for me and they had gone ahead and hired someone else. Funny how God will go ahead and close those doors to make the right answer obvious to you.
So the last thing I got to tell my mom that she could respond to was that I had gotten the job in HR (I made a big assumption based off Teresa's hint that ended up being correct). God knew what he was doing, I had lost my mom but I now had four women to watch over me very closely for the next four (and we keep going) years. Oh how I love all my mother hens.
2 comments:
It's not nice to make me cry when I am at work reading your blog!
I agree with Adriane's comment. What a great story! I'm glad you had so much support during that time.
Post a Comment