Hard to believe, but yes, I did indeed get a new car. I am the proud new owner of a new, 2005 red Honda Element. It is incredibly cool. The seats make a bed, I can hose it out, it has XM radio (free for three months), and it's about four times the size of my Mini and gets close to the same gas mileage.
Buying a car was pretty intimidating, and I have spent most of the day completely freaked out because this is my first experience with being in debt. But it is now 4:48 p.m., I have owned the car for almost 24 hours, and I'm feeling a little more calm about the situation.
I loved my Mini, and I know that I'm going to miss it-it was a fun car. However, the fact that I live in Abilene puts a damper on that whole situation. My car was 3,000 miles away from its warranty expiring, and there is no one in Abilene who can fix it...which meant driving to Fort Worth anytime it needed anything. So I decided that I could keep my car, cross my fingers and keep driving it, and trade it in eventually...or I could trade it in while the trade-in value was still high, get a new car with a new warranty and have it serviced here. And here I am...in debt. I'm fine. Really.
I'll try and post pictures tomorrow.
No comments:
Post a Comment